Useful information and maps
A couple of options will be offered for the excursion on the Sunday day off.
Please note that a separate registration cost will be associated with the excursion when options have been determined.
Excursion possibilities include:
- Elk Island National Park
- Devonian Botanical Garden
- Canoe trips down the North Saskatchewan River (Haskin Canoe, Edmonton Canoe, CanoeHeads)
Other points of interest in Edmonton:
- Royal Alberta Museum
- Fort Edmonton Park
- Legislature Building Tours
- Rutherford House
- Borealis Gallery
- The Edmonton Riverboat
- ᐄᓃᐤ (ÎNÎW) River Lot 11∞ :: City of Edmonton
- Bike rentals and Segway tours: River Valley Adventure Co., Edmonton Bicycle Rentals
- 100 Street Funicular
- West Edmonton Mall
- Muttart Conservatory
- Edmonton Radial Railway Society
- Telus World of Science
- Alberta Craft Tours
Edmonton art galleries:
- Art Galleries & Tours | Edmonton Tourism
- Art Gallery of Alberta
- West End Gallery
- Bugera Matheson Gallery
- Scott Gallery
- First Nations Art Gallery and Inuit Art | Bearclaw Gallery
- Alberta Craft Council
- The Front Gallery
- Peter Robertson Gallery
Edmonton August festivals:
If you want to schedule a side trip before or after QFS, we suggest the following activities:
Some companies offer a shuttle service between Calgary Airport and Banff: Brewster Express and Transfers Banff Airporter.
Banff Adventures and Brewster Sightseeing offer excursions throughout the park.
Please note: National Parks are popular destinations, especially in summer. If you intend to visit those parks, make sure to plan ahead as hotel get fully booked several months in advance and rates can be very expensive. Likewise, train bookings in the mountains may have to be made well in advance.