Travel & Visa Information

Most travellers will need either a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to a Canadian airport. For information regarding which countries require a visa for entry into Canada, please see the Government of Canada website “Entry requirements by country/territory“.

More information about who needs an eTA, and how to apply, can be found here.

Visa processing times vary. If you are coming from a country that requires a visa for entry, please keep up to date on the current visa processing times, updated weekly by IRCC.

If you are attending the conference and require a Letter of Invitation, please fill out the google form here. Please note that you must complete your conference registration before you are able to submit the form.

If you are an invited speaker, your Letter of Invitation will be emailed directly to you.

The Edmonton International Airport serves the Edmonton Metropolitan Region, and is located approximately 30 kilometers from downtown Edmonton. Information about how to get to and from the airport can be found on the EIA website under “Coming and Going“.

International flights coming into Edmonton most commonly travel through Vancouver, Toronto, or Montreal, from which there are direct flights to Edmonton.

You can fly direct to Edmonton from the following US cities (all common for layovers) : Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, San Francisco, and Seattle.

Currently there are direct flights to Edmonton from the following common international cities: London (Gatwick), Amsterdam, and Reykjavik. Further information about non-stop flights can be found here.